Report runtimes in pg_upgrade verbose mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Report runtimes in pg_upgrade verbose mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
When doing performance hacking on pg_upgrade it's often important to see
individual runtimes to isolate changes.  I've written versions of the attached
patch numerous times, and I wouldn't be surprised if others have done the same.
Is there any interest in adding something like the attached to pg_upgrade?  The
patch needs some cleaning and tidying up but I wanted to to gauge interest
before investing time.  I've added it to verbose mode mainly since it's not
really all that informative for regular users I think.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Attachment