Re: PostgreSQL clustering (shared disk) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hannes Dorbath
Subject Re: PostgreSQL clustering (shared disk)
Date
List pgsql-general
On 17.08.2007 15:59, Tom Lane wrote:
> On the other side of the coin, I have little confidence in DRBD
> providing the storage semantics we need (in particular guaranteeing
> write ordering).  So that path doesn't sound exactly risk-free either.

To my understanding DRBD provides this. I think a discussion about that
with the DRBD developers would be very useful for many users searching
for a solution to replicate PostgreSQL, so I'm cross posting this to
DRBD list. Maybe you can make clear in detail what requirements
PostgreSQL has.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath