Re: CVS corruption/mistagging? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: CVS corruption/mistagging?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 15. August 2007 04:20 schrieb Tom Lane:
>> we should at least log such commands, and maybe disallow to anyone
>> except Marc's "pgsql" account.
>
> I don't think we should disallow it.  Or otherwise we might one day be stuck
> if we need to release while some specific person is on vacation.

Is this really a problem in practise ?
If such a need arises any commiter (or sysadmin) would probably be able
to remove that restriction in a few minutes.
I think the point here is to prevent such things done by accident(vs. on
purpose) which a script like that seems like a fairly simple yet
effective solution.

Stefan