Re: Authentification failed - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Terry Fielder
Subject Re: Authentification failed
Date
List pgsql-sql
notwithstanding,you need to setup the correct permissions to allow the connections you want in pg_hba.conf, usually is

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:terry@greatgulfhomes.com">terry@greatgulfhomes.com</a>
Associate Director Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes

I'm trying in SUSE to connect to a postgres db and this is the error:
   Ident Authentification failed for user <<root>>

I'm already created the user with createuser root, but the error
inas the postgres root user:   psql -U postgres

Which on SUSE has no password.
 </pre></blockquote>