Re: Does v7.2.x support AIX 5.1? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject Re: Does v7.2.x support AIX 5.1?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > > It should work.  Andreas just submitted a port confirmation on AIX
> > > 4.3.2 ...

> > Do you feel there's anyone around that would be able to give a
> > definitite yes or no?

I don't have AIX 5 here, so cannot test, sorry.
But yes, it should definitely work.

There is a known possible performance improvement for concurrent sessions on
multiprocessor AIX machines. The now depricated "cs(3)" used for the AIX TAS
implementation should be replaced with fetch_and_or, compare_and_swap or the
like. I just haven't got round to doing a patch that I trust.

Maybe Tatsuo can say more ?

Andreas