From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject delay beta ? (was: RE: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0003: Buffer overflow in)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> If we are going to delay beta, we should decide now, not at the end of
> August, and the delay should be until the end of September.  The big
> question is whether we have enough material to warrant a delay.

I think the "implicit casts" todo should be adressed soon,
not sure there is enough time for discussing this topic in 10 days ?

Am I the only relic, that wants all implicit casts that don't cause
loss of precision ?

Nice ones would imho be such involving numeric constants, like select * from atab where int2col=2; -- use index on
int2col

Andreas