AIX compilation problems (was Re: Proposal ...) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject AIX compilation problems (was Re: Proposal ...)
Date
Re: AIX compilation problems (was Re: Proposal ...)
Re: AIX compilation problems (was Re: Proposal ...)
List pgsql-hackers

> > shared libs on AIX need to be able to resolve all symbols at linkage time.
> > Those two symbols are in backend/utils/SUBSYS.o but not in the postgres
> > executable.
>
> They are defined in backend/utils/mb/conv.c and declared in
> include/mb/pg_wchar.h.  They're also linked into the
> postmaster.  I don't see anything unusual.

Attached is a patch to fix the mb linking problems on AIX. As a nice side effect
it reduces the duplicate symbol warnings to linking libpq.so and libecpg.so
(all shlibs that are not postmaster loadable modules).

Please apply to current (only affects AIX).

The _LARGE_FILES problem is unfortunately still open, unless Peter
has fixed it per his recent idea.

Thanx
Andreas

Attachment