Re: Problem compiling postgres sql --with-tcl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject Re: Problem compiling postgres sql --with-tcl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> writes:
> > Here is a patch per above thread.
>
> Why did you change libpgtcl's build process?  AFAIK no one was claiming
> that was broken.

It was definitely broken on AIX, and was also the original complaint.
Since the make stopped there the next failure in pl/tcl was not reported.

> This does not seem the right time to be making undiscussed changes in
> Makefile.shlib, either.  What's with that?

I was presuming, that the patch was at this stage not applied without further
review and testing on some other port.

It is not a real big problem, but for some targets "make clean" fails to
clean libxxx.2.0 (depending on what $(shlib) is on that port) and the
libxxx.exp file without the patch.
The patch brings "clean-lib" inline with "uninstall-lib".

Unfortunately it misses to clean xxx.dll on Windows, very sorry :-(
I thought I tripplechecked. Incremental patch attached.

Andreas

Attachment