Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> If someone wanted to submit appropriate patches for the v7.3 development
> tree, that merge cleanly, I can't see why this wouldn't be a good thing

I thought that the one thread instead of one process per client model
would only be an advantage for the "native Windows port" ?

Imho a useful threaded model on unix would involve a separation of threads
and clients. ( 1 CPU thread per physical CPU, several IO threads)
But that would involve a complete redesign.

Andreas