Re: pltlc and pltlcu problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Subject Re: pltlc and pltlcu problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Don't you all trust Makefile.shlib ?
>
> I do trust Makefile.shlib.  I don't trust a large revision of the pltcl
> build process on the day we intend to put out RC1.  That's a recipe for
> embarrassment.

Yes, I know, and do accept that :-) Just had to rid myself of a little
annoyance  ... (probably wasn't good wording, but such is the krux of
non-native speakers)

> Did you already forget my report yesterday that your patch failed on HPUX?

I hoped, you would test on hpux, but yes. sorry. The only diff to my latest
patch that Bruce keeps in queue is the "-lc", no ?

> How many of our other platforms might have problems too?  Minor ones,
> sure, but we have no remaining window for port testing.

Note for future fix:
I think actually hpux only failed, because it has a broken Makefile.shlib.
It is Makefile.shlib's business to know that the link line for
a shlib needs -lc ? Other ports that still use ld to link seem to get
this right (mainly the BSD's). (Makefile.port might also be the place
to do this)

As a short test you could test plpython on hpux with current cvs.
My guess is, that it doesn't work.

Andreas