Re: psql \e broken again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas DAZ SD
Subject Re: psql \e broken again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> So I thought I'd try a few scenarios, since I have it installed:
>> [ none of which work ]
>> So to answer your question, at least in part, there is no current good
>> behavior to emulate. At least on this version of CVS:

> I think this is fairly graphic proof that (1) a straight port without
> doing anything special is essentially nonfunctional on Windows, and that
> (2) there isn't any easy way for the user to fix it by inserting quotes
> for himself.

I am not sure the test is valid, since %EDITOR% was used on the command line,
which does it's own magic on quotes. Is there a command that would use the
envvar EDITOR without putting it on the commandline ?

We are talking about directly using the envvar from inside the program, no?

Andreas