Re: pgagent installed, but where? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgagent installed, but where?
Date
List pgadmin-support
novnov wrote:
> I have installed pgagent, apparently, but can't find it anywhere. I followed
> the instructions...from the postgres database, opened the query window,
> installed plpgsql (installed as expected), ran the pgagent script. Success
> reported. If I try to run the same script, I'm notified that it's already
> installed.
>
> I expect to find a pgagent schema in the postgres database but it's not
> there (only schema is public). There is no 'jobs' folder etc. I've restarted
> pgadmin, refreshed etc, have looked with other postgres admin utils...so,
> where is pgagent? Crazy question.

The schema is considered a system object and is hidden by default on
1.6.x and under the catalogs node in 1.8.

You should see a Jobs node under the server on which you've installed
the schema (at the same level as databases, tablespaces, roles etc.). If
you don't try restarting pgAdmin. If you still don't, check that you
have the same database that you installed the pgAgent schema in set as
your maintenance database in the server properties dialog.

Regards, Dave