Re: mid 2007 "best bang for the buck" hardware opinions - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From justin
Subject Re: mid 2007 "best bang for the buck" hardware opinions
Date
List pgsql-performance
No it wouldn't be much kit for $20k

but that example is currently coming in at $9k ... (the $20k referred to
is last years topic).

I think I can spend up to $15k but it would have to be clearly
faster/better/more expandable than this config.
Or I can spend $9k with someone else if I can convince myself it is just
a better option.

The sense that there might be better options out there, I've no doubt in..
it is why I posted hoping for some solid leads on what & why.