Re: Missing MSVCR71.dll - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Missing MSVCR71.dll
Date
List pgadmin-support
Ben West wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed the 1.8 beta. When I attempt to start it, it give me
> the error "This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was
> not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
>
> This is on Windows XP SP2, full patched.
>
> I do not have the base Postgres code on this machine, just PgAdmin.

I believe I've traced this back to the newer version of OpenSSL we're
using now which seems to have been built with VC++ 7.1. I've built a
custom version using VC++ 8.0 which should remove that dependency - may
I send you some updated DLLs to test?

Thanks, Dave.