Re: pgTray - win32 tray tool for monitoring PostgreSQL service - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrei Kovalevski
Subject Re: pgTray - win32 tray tool for monitoring PostgreSQL service
Date
List pgsql-general
Tony Caduto wrote:
> Andrei Kovalevski wrote:
>>    Hi all!
>>
>>    Everyone who use PostgreSQL server on Windows knows - it would be
>> nice to have some tray management and  monitoring tool for PostgreSQL
>> server which is running as NT Service (for example - MS SQL already
>> have such tool). I have created a new project on pgfoundry -
>> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgtray. I'm opened for any ideas how
>> can we improve this tool and what features whould be helpful.
>>

>> Thanks, Andrei.

>> TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
>>
> Have you done any development yet?
Yes, you can download and try it. Now it's a single pgtray.exe
application. I'm going to make an msi installer and add "Autostart"
option to the menu.
> I can do something in Delphi in a matter of hours and would be able to
> donate the code as a BSD license.
> I have done a similar tray application for Firebird and it would be
> just a matter of changing the service it monitors.
>
> We could also do a control panel applet.
Oh, very interesting. I'm not sure it's really required - but  can you
provide some links about this?

Andrei.