Re: Linux distro - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hannes Dorbath
Subject Re: Linux distro
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01.08.2007 13:29, paolo@ecometer.it wrote:
> I bought a Dell server and I am going to use it for installing PostgrSQL
> 8.2.4. I always used Windows so far and I would like now to install a
> Linux distribution on the new server. Any suggestion on which distribution
> ? Fedora, Ubuntu server, Suse or others?

You need to learn general Linux/Unix administration first, what
distribution is not so important in the first step. If you have some
basic knowledge chose the distribution that fits your needs best. I'm
sure Google or Wikipedia will come up with a comparative list with pros
and cons of each.

As you say it it's a server, I assume you'll have it in a production
environment. It's never a good idea to have anything in production with
an OS you are not familiar with.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath