Re: Problem with Serial Columns - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Problem with Serial Columns
Date
List pgadmin-support
Luiz K. Matsumura wrote:
> The atacched diff file modify this (reference is the source of 1.6.3),
> but I don't have sufficient skill to compile the source and I'm not a
> C/C++ programmer to do a better change.

Thanks - I've applied a fix along these lines. It'll be in beta 3.

> I think that a better test to serial columns, may be to verify primarily
> if there are a dependence between the column and the sequence, and then
> verify if the default value of the column is a nextval of the this
> sequence.

Yeah, that's been on the todo list for a while but noone got round to it
yet:

- detect serial columns from pg_depend, not column default (observe
deviating serial name)

Thanks, Dave