Re: strange buildfarm failure on lionfish - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: strange buildfarm failure on lionfish
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Gregory Stark wrote:
> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>

>> Someday we might like to allow this, but it seems to mean inventing a
>> new GUC context type, which I don't think I want to get into right now.
>>

> Another option would be adding an option to initdb to override default config
> settings in the postgreql.conf. Then the pg_regress could just specify options
> like this for the regression database if necessary.

I thought about that. But it makes things harder for the installcheck
case. I think the regression set needs to be able to run against a
pretty vanilla install (e.g. the only thing buildfarm specifies for
initdb is --no-locale ).

cheers

andrew