Re: Why so many out-of-disk-space failures on buildfarm machines? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Why so many out-of-disk-space failures on buildfarm machines?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, while I'm thinking of it --- it'd be real nice if the buildfarm
>>> "configuration" printout included the flex and bison version numbers.
>>>

>> Interestingly, none of our tools actually outputs the bison/flex
>> versions - perhaps configure should be doing that.
>>

> Hmm, that's a good solution, especially since it'll start working right
> away instead of waiting for buildfarm owners to update their scripts ;-)
>
> I think I can get it to do
>     checking for flex... /usr/local/bin/flex 2.5.4
> ... does that seem reasonable?

looks good to me.

>> We do log the gcc
>> version (look in the config.log if you want to make sure).
>>

> Oh, that seems to be something in the base autoconf macros rather than
> anything we put in.  I don't especially like hiding it in config.log
> --- who reads that?

Well, we should be able to add something along the lines of what you did
above, though, can't we? We already have a section in configure.in
specifically for gcc (see around line 272).

cheers

andrew