Re: Future of krb5 authentication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Future of krb5 authentication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Joshua D. Drake (jd@commandprompt.com) wrote:
>>> OK, well thats a problem. pgAdmin supports back to 7.3...
>> How many people actually use kerberos... How many people who are using
>> kerberos are going to be running 7.3. 7.3 is no longer supported so by
>> postgresql.org so who cares.
>
> AOL, MIT, CMU, to name a few...  I'm really annoyed at these constant
> digs at what is really a very large userbase.  Perhaps they're not all
> running 7.3 but the implication that there's a small number of people
> using Kerberos is just amazingly far off.

*cough* , compared to the number of installations *not* using kerberos
it is amazing that you would make such a far off correlation.

Note that we are talking about Kerberos + PostgreSQL, not Kerberose in
general.

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/