Re: Future of krb5 authentication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Future of krb5 authentication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> But sure, we might leave it in there until there's a direct problem with it
> (other than the ones we already know). Can I still get my deprecation of it
> though? ;-)

I'm not sure what the deprecation would mean in the client-side. You're
going to need it if you want to connect to a server that uses it,
there's no alternative.

In the server, I don't see a problem with it. What would the deprecation
mean, though? Mention in the docs that it's going to removed sometime in
the future? A warning if you enable it?