Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>
>>> For sun studio -erroff=E_STATEMENT_NOT_REACHED is useful there. If you
>>> want to determine warning tags for each warning add -errtags.
>>
>> Is that supported on all versions of sun studio(Sun WorkShop 6, Sun
>> Studio 8,11) we have on the farm ?
>
> Yes. Also on SS12.

hmm - sure about that ? I was about to submit a patch to disable some
compiler warnings but then I noted the following discussion thread:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5163903&messageID=9637391

which seems to indicate that at least the compiler installed on kudu:

http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=kudu&dt=2007-07-15%2003:30:01

does NOT support turning of specific warnings.

Stefan