Thank you for PGDay - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Susanne Ebrecht
Subject Thank you for PGDay
Date
Re: Thank you for PGDay  (Federico <rotellaro@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi all,

Maybe I am just blind, but I didn't found such an email. I am back in
Germany and I have to say Thank You for the really nice and very good
organisated PGDay.

The Italians really make good work. I have rarely seen an event, which
was so good organisated and where the talks were so good in time. Also
the food was marvelous.

Also I have to say thank you for all the visitors, who came to PGDay.

There was to much stuff that was fabulous to write it all in one email.
I'll write blogs and reports during this weekend.

The idea with the simultaneous speakers was very great. I have never
seen in Germany so much hearers in an English talk like in Italy.

Also great was the service, the Italians gave us. Starting with picking
up from the airport, helping us with all tourist guide stuff and so on.

To see, that other nations has problems to understand each other in
their native languages also was calmative. I think Stefan (Austria) and
me (Germany) and the Italian guys have had one advantage to the native
English speakers. We could just speak English, when we recognised that
we won't understand us in German or Italian. :)

For me it was also interesting to hear all these different accent of
English. Most times before I just heard British English.

The meeting with the topic European Group was also great. I just didn't
expect, that so many nations can decide so much stuff in only 40 minutes. :)

Thanks Gabriele, Frederico and the other guys from the Prato Linux User
Group for organisate such a great event.

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht,
52066 Aachen, Germany