Re: russian case-insensitive regexp search not working - Mailing list pgsql-general

From alexander lunyov
Subject Re: russian case-insensitive regexp search not working
Date
List pgsql-general
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> alexander,
>
> lc_ctype and lc_collate can be changed only at initdb !
> You need to read localization chapter
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/charset.html

Yes, i knew about this, but i thought maybe somehow it can be changed
onthefly.

... (10 minutes later)

Yes, now when initdb done with --locale=ru_RU.UTF-8,
lower('RussianString') gives me 'russianstring', though, case-insensiive
regexp still not working. I guess i'll stick with lower() ~ lower()
construction.

And thanks everybody who replied!

--
alexander lunyov