Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark
Date
List pgsql-performance
Jignesh K. Shah wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I think this result will be useful for performance discussions of
> postgresql against other databases.
>
> http://www.spec.org/jAppServer2004/results/res2007q3/
>
> More on Josh Berkus's blog:
>
> http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/soup/archives/postgresql-publishes-first-real-benchmark-17470

May I ask you why you set max_prepared_transactions to 450, while you're
apparently not using prepared transactions, according to this quote:

> Recoverable 2-phase transactions were used to coordinate the interaction between
> the database server and JMS server using Sun's Last Agent Logging
> Optimization; the 1PC database transactions and transaction log records are
> written to the database in a single transaction.

Did you perhaps use 2PC at first, but didn't bother to change the config
after switching to the last agent optimization?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas