Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark
Date
Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark  (Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>)
List pgsql-performance
Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 11:57:13AM -0400, Jignesh K. Shah wrote:
>> I think this result will be useful for performance discussions of
>> postgresql against other databases.
>>
>> http://www.spec.org/jAppServer2004/results/res2007q3/
>
> Am I right if this is for a T2000 (Niagara) database server? It sure is
> interesting, but I can't help thinking it's not a very common
> configuration...

I have yet to see a benchmark that was valid on a common configuration.
Common configurations don't make people in suits go... "oooohhhh sexy!".
It is also the reason that those in the know typically ignore all
benchmarks and do their own testing.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/