Re: Copying / inserting new row in edit grid fails - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Copying / inserting new row in edit grid fails
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Hi developers! Hi Dave!
>
> Testing the new snapshot: pgAdmin III 1.7.0 (Jun 22 2007, rev:
> 6379:6385). Client Win XP, host: Debian Sarge / PG 8.1.8
>
> I have noticed a shortcoming in the edit grid. When I copy a row and
> insert it as new, the algorithm bails on the first '\n' in a text-field.
> The rest of the data is not inserted.
> I guess you have to escape line breaks.
> BTW, I enter these line breaks by pressing <shift><enter> in Windows.

Hi Erwin,

Copying strings with \n's requires Result Copy Quoting to be enabled. If
there are no quotes around the strings, we have no way to tell where the
end is (remember, you can copy multiple rows as well).

Regards, Dave