replication between linxu postgresql and Windows postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Mary Anderson
Subject replication between linxu postgresql and Windows postgresql
Date
Re: replication between linxu postgresql and Windows postgresql
List pgsql-admin
Hi all,
    I am new to postgresql and have been called upon to set up a
database to be used by two groups.  One group (mine) is strictly a UNIX
shop.  The other group (theirs) is strictly a Windows shop.  What is the
best way to go.
    First, does postgresql have replication and can i get it with the
open source database?
    Second, would replication work between a Linux postgresql and a
Windows postgresql?
     What if I run postgresql on VMWare in the Windows shop?  Will
replication work?

     What about dumping the Linux database and restoring it on the
Windows database.  Will that work?

     Opinions on any of this are welcome!

Mary Anderson