Re: Proposed Feature - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Naz Gassiep
Subject Re: Proposed Feature
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
    It provides a very quick and easy status check (running or not) as
well as right click access to start/stop and any other basic admin
features that may be appropriate. I'd be happy with seeing whether it
was running, as well as start/stop accessible via one right click. It's
the same as Apache for Win32, MSSQL any many other server programs.
- Naz.

Bruce Momjian wrote:

  Naz Gassiep wrote:

    I'm using PG on windows for the first time (as of about 6 minutes ago).
I was thinking that it would be great to have a system tray icon with a
running indicator, kind of like the way Apache2.x for windows has, or
even MSSQL. Perhaps the PG logo with a small white circle with a red
square or a green triangle in the same fashion.
Just a thought.

And what does the icon show or do?