Re: test / live environment, major performance difference - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Christo Du Preez
Subject Re: test / live environment, major performance difference
Date
List pgsql-performance
Where do I set the planner settings or are you reffering to settings in
postgres.conf that may affect the planner?

The one badly performing laptop is the same as mine (the fast one) and
the server is much more powerful.

Laptops: Intel Centrino Duo T2600 @ 2.16GHz, 1.98 GB RAM

Server: 2 xIntel Pentium D CPU  3.00GHz, 4 GB RAM

All three systems are running Suse 10.2, with the same PosgreSQL, same
configs, same databases. As far as I know, same everything.

PostgreSQL 8.2.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.1.2
20061115 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)
POSTGIS="1.2.1" GEOS="3.0.0rc4-CAPI-1.3.3" PROJ="Rel. 4.5.0, 22 Oct
2006" USE_STATS

Thanx for all the advice

--
Christo Du Preez