Re: [OT] Re: How much ram is too much - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Zoltan Boszormenyi
Subject Re: [OT] Re: How much ram is too much
Date
List pgsql-performance
mark@mark.mielke.cc írta:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 08:54:39PM +0200, Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
>
>> Joshua D. Drake írta:

>>> He means redhat ES/AS 4 I assume.
>>>
>> I guessed that, hence the smiley.
>> But it's very unfortunate that version numbers
>> are reused - it can cause confusion.
>> There was a RH 4.0 already a long ago,
>> when the commercial and the community
>> version were the same. I think Microsoft
>> will avoid reusing its versions when year 2095 comes. :-)
>>

> He should have written RHEL 4.0. RH 4.0 is long enough ago, though,
> that I think few would assume it meant the much older release.

Yes. But up until RHEL 8.0/9.0 ( or plain 9 without decimals ;-) )
I can make cheap jokes telling that I can give you a free upgrade. :-)

> You'll find a similar thing with products like "CuteFTP 7.0" or
> "CuteFTP Pro 3.0".

I am sure there are others, too. But enough of this OT,
I am really interested in the main thread's topic.

Best regards,

--
Zoltán Böszörményi