Re: Query with tables from 2 different databases in Java - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Sean Davis
Subject Re: Query with tables from 2 different databases in Java
Date
List pgsql-novice
Loredana Curugiu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a query to use tables from 2 different databases and
> that query to be executed from a .java file. What do you recommand?

Hi, Loredana.  You can't execute a query that includes two different
databases in postgresql.  However, you may want to look at the dblink
contributed module (in contrib/dblink in the postgresql source) that
provides an extension to do this.  I have no idea how this will behave
in the context of a java client, though.

Sean