Re: Suppress checking of chmod 700 on data-dir? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johannes Konert
Subject Re: Suppress checking of chmod 700 on data-dir?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ragnar wrote:
>> are you planning a filesystem-level backup?
>>
>> are you aware that you cannot just backup the postgres data directories
>> fro under a running server, and expect the
>> backup to be usable?
>>
>> gnari

As war as I understood the docu of psql 8.2.4
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/continuous-archiving.html
section 23.3.2) you can copy the files while postgres is running
(respecting pg_start_backup and pg_stop_backup)
But that is not my point. The question is where I can change the
enforced chmod 700 postgresql always wants me to set.
Regards Johannes :)