Tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Gardner
Subject Tablespaces
Date
Re: Tablespaces  (Ray Stell <stellr@cns.vt.edu>)
List pgsql-general
I've been testing one of our apps on PostgreSQL for the last few months
and I'm about ready to put it on the production server, but I need
advice on where to locate the tablespace.  I've been so concerned
getting the app working, I haven't even considered this yet.

I'm using a RPM install of Postgres, so the data directory is located at
/var/lib/pgsql/data/.  Shall I just create a directory under here and
point the tablespace to there?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

John