Re: BUG #3339: postgis astext() function returns broken string through ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #3339: postgis astext() function returns broken string through ODBC
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dorofeev A.V. wrote:
> This bug appears when i`m trying to represent as text binary geometry field
> in postgis if the geometry is huge(200-300 vertexses) but it isn`t a postgis
> bug  because when i`m trying to view data in comand line trough psql (psql
> -f test.sql -d postis) the geometry string is OK. But when i`m trying to
> access geometry using ADOB i got a broken string.Test case and dicussion of
> this bug on postgis bugtracker
> http://postgis.refractions.net/bugs/bug.php?op=show&bugid=151&pos=23

The discussion on the bugtracker suggests that it's a driver issue, as
well as the fact that it works from psql.

What's "a broken string.Test case"? You should ask on the mailing list
for the driver you use, I'm sure the guys over there can be more helpful.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas