Re: where find recent binary PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hannes Dorbath
Subject Re: where find recent binary PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01.06.2007 03:01, Andreas wrote:
> is there a packet source for recent PostgreSQL binaries?
> I just finished installing OpenSUSE 10.2 and like to add PostgreSQL
> 8.2.4 instead of the provided 8.1.5.
> I'd rather go with something that is at least vaguely official.
> PostgreSQL.org has only binaries for fedora+redhat and I found only
> V8.2.0 on ftp.suse.com

- Contact the package maintainer for that package of your distribution
- Search Google for unofficial packages
- Use a distribution that offers the packages you like to use
- Just rebuild the 8.2.0 package with the 8.2.4 source

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath