Re: [GSOC] - I ntegrity check algorithm for data files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [GSOC] - I ntegrity check algorithm for data files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>> I believe pgadmin lets you update postgresql.conf remotely,
>
> IIRC, it is possible only when you have some additional module/function
> installed on server and it works only for pgadmin, not for psql.

It needs the adminpack contrib module installed in the maintenance DB
(normally postgres).

In theory it could work for psql, but it's completely impractical -
adminpack just gives us some file IO functions which we just use to read
and write the files. All the editing logic is handled by pgAdmin.

Regards, Dave