Re: Windows Vista Support - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Windows Vista Support
Date
List pgsql-general
michael.alexander@impowerproject.com wrote:
> Can you confirm that you don't provide support for Windows Vista for any
> release of Postgres. I'm dumbfounded an it appears that you don't
> support Vista. If so, are you planning any releases. I have a major
> project and was hoping to use Postgres.

PostgreSQL will run on Vista, however to run the installer you will have
to temporarily disable User Account Control.

This is because the current stable version of PostgreSQL was released
some time before Vista so obviously couldn't be properly tested with it.

The installer for PostgreSQL 8.3 has already been rewritten as required
to support Vista.

Regards, Dave