Re: Maintaining cluster order on insert - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Maintaining cluster order on insert
Date
List pgsql-patches
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> What about adding the ability to ask the FSM for a page that's near a
> given page? That way if you did have to go to the FSM you could at least
> try and insert close to the page you originally wanted.

Yeah, there's always room for improvement. I made the patch when I was
working on clustered indexes, and was mostly concerned about getting
inserts to the same page as other tuples with similar values so that the
clustered index stays clustered.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas