Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] GUC variables invisible to contrib/ modules - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] GUC variables invisible to contrib/ modules
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Mark Cave-Ayland" <m.cave-ayland@webbased.co.uk> writes:
> So I guess I was looking more for clarification that this was the
> "official" way to access GUC information?

It isn't, and isn't likely to become so, at least not for C code.
We generally think of the C code as being at a lower level than SQL.
If we rename a global variable that underlies a GUC variable, it's
probably because we *want* to break any C code that references it
--- perhaps the semantics are changing, or something like that.

            regards, tom lane