Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Carlos Moreno
Subject Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Date
List pgsql-performance
> large problem from a slog perspective; there is no standard way even within
> Linux to describe CPUs, for example. Collecting available disk space
> information is even worse.   So I'd like some help on this portion.

Quite likely, naiveness follows...  But, aren't things like /proc/cpuinfo ,
/proc/meminfo, /proc/partitions / /proc/diskstats standard, at the very
least across Linux distros?  I'm not familiar with BSD or other Unix
flavours, but I would expect these (or their equivalent) to exist in those,
no?

Am I just being naive?

Carlos