Re: Feature freeze progress report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Feature freeze progress report
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Naz Gassiep wrote:
> I believe the suggestion was to have an automated process that only ran
> on known, sane patches.

How do we know in advance of reviewing them that they are sane?

What is more, we often run into situations where patch a will require
changes in patch b, so testing them individually against CVS is not
likely to be terribly useful.

Frankly, our problems are not primarily technological. They have to do
mainly with scarcity of available time from competent reviewers. No
amount of automation will fix that.

cheers

andrew