Re: Help setting up warm standby replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nico Sabbi
Subject Re: Help setting up warm standby replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Merlin Moncure wrote:

> try link mode, not copy mode (-l). make sure you read about the -k
> switch.
>
> merlin

replaced -c with -l, but the result was the same.
I assume that with -k you mean the socket dir for postgres - since
pg_standby doesn't
seek to recognize that switch -  but I didn't need it: I connected to -p
5433.

Anyway, after having stopped the replication I had the same problem;
in order to make the slave start I had to manually copy the log files
from the
archive to pg_xlog/ .

Is pg_standby supposed to work with Postgres 8.2 ? or only with 8.1.?