Re: Problem with a transaction on dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Froggy / Froggy Corp.
Subject Re: Problem with a transaction on dump
Date
List pgsql-general

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Froggy / Froggy Corp. wrote:
> >

> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > > What files are there in main/pg_clog?
> >
> > 0000 to 0024
>
> FWIW, I examined the bit pattern in the number 892415538, which is
> 110101001100010010111000110010, and taken as octets interpreted as ASCII
> chars, they look like this:
>
> 51.2
>
> So my guess is that your table was corrupted by the filesystem or
> something like that.  Did your system crash recently?  My guess is that
> this is a filesystem problem, kernel bug or something like that.

Yep i got a crash before the first problem. But the dump run nicely
until a day it crash with this kind of error.
BTW, beetween, i put all data on a new (safe ?) database, and i dont
have any kind of crash.
Actually, do you know a way to get back a maximum of data ? I have a
particular thing : i have one dump with 13MB and other are 5MB.

I dont really understand the exact error message. That mean that on a
transaction, the DB crash (or something like that), so i have an
INSERT/UPDATE or something like that which is lost, but other data are
not corrupted ?
Or it is an index which is corrupted, so more data are corrupted too ?