Re: Problem restoring from backup file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jaime Silvela
Subject Re: Problem restoring from backup file
Date
List pgsql-general
I think the problem is that the restore window looks for snapshots with
the extension "backup", as made with the default options of the pgAdmin
Backup function.
If you're using "Plain", the backups are in .sql files, and you can
execute with psql or a query window in pgAdmin.

Rohit Prakash Khare wrote:
> I am using PGSQL 8.2.3. I took a backup of my database selecting "Plain" option from pgAdmin 1.6. When I am trying to
restoreit to a new machine having PGSQL 8.2.3 installed, using pgAdmin, the OK button of the "Restore Backup Window"
remainsdisabled. Why?

> Have you checked out the new-look www.indiatimes.com yet?

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Bear Stearns does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice.  You
should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before
engaging in any transaction. In order for Bear Stearns to comply with
Internal Revenue Service Circular 230 (if applicable), you are notified
that any discussion of U.S. federal tax issues contained or referred to
herein is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for
the purpose of:  (A) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the
Internal Revenue Code; nor (B) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.