Re: Current enums patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Current enums patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Tom Dunstan <pgsql@tomd.cc> writes:
>>> Here's the current version of the enums patch.
>>
>> Applied with revisions --- some cosmetic, some not so much.
>> Attached is the patch-as-applied if you care to compare; feel free
>> to ask questions about anything not obvious.
>
> There's a little bug:
>
> postgres=#  CREATE TYPE aenum AS ENUM ('a','b','c'); CREATE TYPE
> postgres=#  CREATE TABLE t (e aenum); CREATE TABLE postgres=# INSERT
> INTO t VALUES

('foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo');

>         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
> The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.
> postgres=#
>
> In the server log:
> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(keylen < 64)", File: "hashfunc.c", Line: 145)

Looks like we need to check the length on type creation too.

I'll fix later if not beaten to it.

cheers

andrew