Re: problems creating database cluster with cigwyn - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Reini Urban
Subject Re: problems creating database cluster with cigwyn
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Alessia Moretti schrieb:
> Dear PostgreSQL Cigwyn staff,
> I can't create the cluster of the database
> I' ve followed the instructions found in your web site
> (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_CYGWIN.html

You didn't follow the instructions completely.
You have to setup and runs cygserver before.

> creazione directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_tblspc ... ok
> selecting default max_connections ... sh: line 1:  3576 Bad system call
> "/usr/sbin/postgres.exe" -boot -x0 -F -c shared_buffers=500 -c
> max_connections=1

Besides that we don't know which 7.x version you are trying.
Older versions required ipc-server

Why don't you just use the cygwin version from
http://cygwin.com/setup.exe and follow
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-8.0.7.README