questions about autovacuum daemon - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From jing han
Subject questions about autovacuum daemon
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

I have questions about postgres "autovacuum daemon".

I read postgres database 8.1.8 document  22.1.4 the auto-vacuum daemon.  And I installed postgres 8.1.8 tarball (I'm
usingfedora core 6 operating system). I didn't find the executable file pgavd for autovacuum daemon. I browsed the web
formore info about this auto-vacuum daemon. I couldn't find any useful info. My question is how to make use of
autovacuumdaemon, how to get pgavd? Doesn't it come with postgres 8.1.8 installation tarball??

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

jing

Need Mail bonding?