Re: [PERFORM] Rollback table data. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Moreno Andreo
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Rollback table data.
Date
List pgsql-performance

Il 07/06/2017 13:33, Dinesh Chandra 12108 ha scritto:

Dear Expert,

Is there any way to rollback table data in PostgreSQL?

Not knowing anything else about your what you want to do and what context you're in, I can only say that AFAIK, once you COMMITted a transaction, no rollback is possible.

A very quick google search gave me this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12472318/can-i-rollback-a-transaction-ive-already-committed-data-loss

There's a long, detailed post from Craig Ringer that gives you some advise on how to proceed (given that a committed transaction cannot be ROLLBACKed)

Take a look, I hope it's applicable to your scenario.

HTH
Moreno.-