Re: passing passords to pgsql/pg_create/pg_dump programmatically - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: passing passords to pgsql/pg_create/pg_dump programmatically
Date
List pgsql-general
On 20/03/2007 14:04, Lars Haugseth wrote:

> As you can see, all of these command line utilities accept the -W
> parameter followed by the password.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't -W simply force a prompt from the
password? - it doesn't accept the password on the command line.

Using the .pgpass file allows command line utilities to run unattended
without having to supply a password manually.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie